Scroll down and read what the interesting facts are about parking!
- Park-O-Meter was the first parking meter in the world. It was installed in Oklahoma in 1935 to solve the problem of parking spaces as there was lack of spaces in business districts.
- The largest car park of the world is in the shopping mall of Canada. It can hold 20,000 cars at a time and still there is space for 10,000 cars more.
- New York City has the most expensive permanent parking unit. It will cost you one million to get the space permanently.
- Ferrari was the most expensive car that get the parking fine of 15 million pounds in 2016 when it was parked at the place where photo-shoot was carrying out in London.
- California has the city’s oldest parking meter that could generate $100 every year. It is kept to show kids how the old meters look like. It is located in the City of Winters.
- The world’s first multi-story car park was constructed in London at Picadilly in 1901. The car park had seven storys.
- The most valuable parking slots are present in London near Trafalgar Square. It can cost you around $1000 every month. Besides, there are worthy slots in China, Japan and Hong Kong.
- Berlin drivers pay around 13 euros as parking fee or penalty every year while Frankfurt drivers pay 14 euros.
- According to stats, there are around 2 billion parking spaces in the US and 1.2 million spaces in the UK.
- More than 40 percent of the car accidents and damage occur when people are parking their cars or find parking slots.
- Around 40 to 60 percent of the drivers park their cars in free lot for longer time than they park in paid slots.
- Around 95 percent of the life of the car is spent in being parked somewhere outside the office, residential building or anywhere else.
So, these are 12 interesting facts about parking. Driving is now part of our life but this driving has come with the problem of traffic and parking. Therefore, the world is looking out for solutions. Currently, smart parking technology and robotic parking system seem ideal but they are expensive for developing countries to install. Therefore, you could see smart parking in Dubai, the US and developed countries only.